Expert Care For Fall Prevention & Balance Issues.
Serving Buffalo & the Greater WNY Area
Who we are….
We are a unique outpatient clinic system that combines diagnostic audiology and rehabilitation by physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech and cognitive therapists as well as a network of physician specialists. We truly offer a multi-disciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of vertigo, dizziness, and balance disorders by the top professionals in the area. Our ultimate goal is fall prevention, which can help prevent catastrophic injury and institutionalization and improve quality of life! Reach out to us today for more information or to schedule an appointment. We serve Buffalo, NY; Clarence, NY; West Seneca, NY; Orchard Park, NY; Cheektowaga, NY; Amherst, NY; Williamsville, NY; Hamburg, NY; Lancaster, NY; Elma, NY and the surrounding community.
Our CEO, Dr. Sal Gruttadauria, AuD elected to the board of the Vestibular Disorders Association
Who is VeDA….
The Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA) is a nonprofit organization that provides information, support, and advocacy to people with vestibular (inner ear and brain) balance disorders and the healthcare professionals who treat them. At VeDA we answer questions and provide education and emotional support. We connect patients with medical specialists through our provider directory of clinics that specialize in diagnosing and treating vestibular disorders. We advocate on behalf of all who are impacted by vestibular disorders.
On behalf of the staff, we hope you all are staying safe and staying healthy, and we are doing our part. When visiting our office:
You will be asked to fill out a health screening and/or have a temperature check. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you have warning signs.
2. You will be required to wear a face covering at all times while in the office unless your procedure prohibits its use.
3. Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
4. If possible, have your travel companion wait outside the waiting area.
Our staff wear masks, practice frequent hand washing and we disinfect work surfaces and equipment after each patient
If you have any questions, please call our office.
Western New York’s premiere facility providing both Diagnostics and Rehabilitation for Dizziness and Balance Disorders in a one on one, private setting!
Your inner ear plays a surprisingly important role in your body’s ability to balance. If your balance has come off-kilter recently, or if you notice yourself becoming dizzy more often, it could be an inner ear problem. Our experienced audiologists can help determine what the problem is, and what kind of treatment will help you. This kind of service is invaluable in treating balance disorders and assisting in fall prevention.
An Epidemic Problem
- Every year, there are over 4 million emergency room visits for dizziness/imbalance. 25% of those are over-tested, misdiagnosed and under-treated.
- Every minute, a person falls and fractures a hip.
- Over 800,000 patients a year are hospitalized because of a fall injury
- Seven million patients annual seek medical attention for this problem
- Dizziness is the no. 1 complaint to physicians in patients over 70
- 50% of patients seen in primary care do not receive a diagnosis for their complaints of dizziness
- In older adults, falls are the no. 1 cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries.
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries.
- Most fractures among older adults are caused by falls.
- Many people who fall, even if they are not injured, develop a fear of falling which may cause them to limit their activity, leading in turn to reduced mobility.
Contact Us Today!
Expert Care Produces Excellent Outcomes
Successful outcomes in the treatment of dizziness and balance problems are dependent upon accurate diagnoses and on subsequently targeting treatment/therapy to the specific set of problems. At Greater Buffalo Centers for Dizziness and Balance, our diagnosticians and therapists work together as a team along with your physician. The goal is to help you maintain your independence and quality of life.
Effective diagnosis and treatment of dizziness, imbalance, and falls requires the expertise of a number of medical and related specialties. At Greater Buffalo Centers for Dizziness and Balance, we can provide all the necessary services in-house. We will also refer you to a network specialist should the need arise. Contact our trusted team today for audiology services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, cognitive therapy and so much more.